• HCSF is ultra-clean with superior properties & performance metrics as compared to ULSD (conventional No.2 diesel fuel):
• Much higher cetane number than ULSD (70-75 vs. 42-45)
• The high cetane number enables the fuel to combust more cleanly & uniformly with substantially lower emissions of criteria pollutants (NOx, CO, VOC & PM)
• Specific CO2 emissions (combustion exhaust) of HCSF are up to 10% less than for biodiesel or ULSD
• HCSF has superior cold-weather start-up performance in diesel engines
The EPA has approved the formal registration and certification of the GTLA fuel to be produced at the GTLA plant under Part 79 and Part 80 and GTLA has received approval of specifications, including approved additives to meet EPA standards.